Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Lots of new stuff to update...First Caden got his first fat lip! He is obsessed with opening cabinets and the only one I haven't figured out how to childproof is in our coffee table...well he opened it right into his mouth...it bled a little (that was not fun for mommy...just broke my heart, but I know there will be many more cuts, bumps, and bruises), swelled a little and then he was fine...


Then...he has a new tooth on the way, so teething makes him go from happy to mad in .3 seconds...
Then we went to see the Easter Bunny on Friday evening. I put Caden in his cute little Easter outfit (I just love his seer sucker pants...I know there is a day where he won't let me dress him in seer sucker, so I'm doing it now) and we set out to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. I put Caden in his lap and Caden just looked back at me (much like he did when I put him in Santa's lap) like I was crazy for leaving him there, but they eventually got a smile out of him...


We were headed over to Macclenney to see Scott's grandmother for Easter, but the Suwannee River had other plans. The water level was rising so much that we weren't sure that we would be able to cross back over to get to Tallahassee....So, Scott's dad went over to get Grandmother and we spent Easter in Panama City Beach with Grammy, Pops, and Grandmother! Here are some pics from our weekend. Here is Pops playing the pots for him...


He was very intrigued...



Here's Caden with his Easter basket...


He really loved the eggs...the Easter Bunny brought him eggs that look like sports balls...and he is so intrigued by balls lately...he loves to bat them around on the hardwood floors and then crawl after them...and then hold him in his hands and clap them together...



He looks sooo excited for his first Easter, doesn't he???




Ooooohhhh, almost forgot. I get made fun of for doing everything by the book (do people not realize that I'm a CPA and it's just my nature), but low and behold, I put Caden in his big boy carseat 2 weeks early! And facing front! He is almost 27 lbs, so he far exceeds the weight...He wasn't quite sure what to make of it, and quite honestly I think he prefers his old carseat because all of his friends hung off of the handle for him to play with! I guess I'm going to have to get him some new friends and figure out how to rig them from the roof of my car...



And we are full on crawling and pulling up all the way to standing up! And gets rather proud of himself when you catch him in his crib or the pack in play standing all the way up! Walking is just around the corner and everyone keeps telling us that we are in trouble when that happens...but hey, when you have to lug around a 27 lb. baby, you would welcome the walking on his own...

And then, I just love this face...when he scrunches up his nose and closes his eyes in anticipation of the flash...
And then every baby needs a picture in the laundry basket, don't they????


Can't believe our baby boy is going to be one in a little over 2 weeks!!! Time has flown by (and dragged by slowly at some times...) It's definitely been a year full of adventures and we wouldn't trade any of it for a minute.

No comments: