Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Toddler is an Accident Waiting to Happen!

My mom told me a quote last weekend..."a toddler is an accident waiting to happen". It was then followed by the fact that you can't prevent all of them...there will be many bruises, bumps, etc. Good to know because my toddler is many accidents a day (all be them minor and most of you wouldn't even consider them an accident...falling and bumping his knee against the table for instance).
Well, Caden is full on walking now! He is EVERYWHERE. He gets very proud of himself and starts smiling and laughing as he walks too as if it is the coolest thing he has ever done (well, it might be to him...). My mom was here last week and Scott and I drove her home on Friday and spent the weekend down there hanging out with my mom (Nana), Aunt Jen, Uncle Albert, cousin Andrew, and Caden's crazy cousin Kaley (that's the nickname I've given her for Caden...she used to be Kaley Bailey to me). Caden was loving all of the new trouble he could get into at Aunt Jen and Uncle Albert's house...
Trying to get their Roomba started (he succeeded one time and thought it was fun to chase it around the house)
Just a walking...
Playing the piano (that was one of the highlights of his weekend!)...

Staring at his crazy cousin Kaley and her wig...

A close up of the wig.

And here is Kaley with Riley. Kaley and Riley were buddies all weekend. I think Kaley loves the fact that she can hold him and tote him around...what do you think?While writing this blog post, I realize that I am horrible about taking pictures of anyone other than Caden...Kaley was lucky she got in a few, so that's why you don't see any of Aunt Jen, Uncle Albert, or Nana...Andrew probably would have made a few, but he was sick all weekend...Poor Drew Drew.

Let's see...what else is Caden doing besides walking and getting into EVERYTHING. Hmmmm...he has really started to dislike dinner and lunch and would love if Mommy would just feed him everything. This feeding himself everything is for the birds! Although, he wouldn't miss a chance to get a cheerio, puff, yogurt melt, or cheeto puff in his mouth. And he loves eating breakfast...cries when it's all gone. He is still really into reading his books. It's hilarious! One of these days, I swear, I will catch it on video. He has sooo many toys, but his favorites are any type of plastic ball that he roll over the hardwood floors or bang on the table.

Well, we are off to Panama City Beach this weekend for the 4th with Grammy, Pops, Uncle Todd, Aunt Carly, Cousin Brody, and Cousin Wade...and then Mommy is off to Chicago for her CPA Leadership Academy on Monday. I'll be gone until Friday, so let's all say a little silent prayer for Daddy, while he takes care of the baby and mans the homefront. I'm really going to miss my boys...this is the longest I have been away from the littlest boy...

One last picture...Last week was Scott and I's 3 year anniversary and he sent me these beautiful roses...(No it's not blurry, I was getting a little artistic with my fancy camera). They are called confetti roses...they were yellow with orange tips...I love my husband!

No comments: