Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Daddy was in Omaha for some meetings and the College World Series for 5 days. He got back late Saturday night...and since it was Father's Day, we let him sleep in for a little while. So, he didn't see the Caden baby until he got up from his morning nap. He went to go get him out of his crib and then they came back and laid on the couch together...and just laid...
Scott just rubbed his back and Caden didn't move a muscle! He missed his daddy...

Most of you know, I lost my dad 10 years ago. I miss him so much around Father's day, but now that I have Caden and we can celebrate Scott, Father's day has a whole new meaning. Although, I will always miss my dad on days like Father's day, I'm happy that I get to celebrate my husband as a father. And I know that my dad is looking down on us all the time and is soooo proud of his grandson. We will definitely make sure to tell him "Pops stories" when he gets older so that he knows what a wonderful grandfather he had. Love you, Dad!
Now a few pics...Do you think we are teething at all?
The crib and our furniture now have these cute teethmarks in them...well, they are not really cute...
Then here's a picture of our fussy baby...furthering the belief that somebody has to be getting some teeth soon! He still just has four, so I'm thinking there should be some new ones any day now...
We were doing sooo good with him feeding himself table food, but since we had to go on the BRAT diet for a week, we've regressed...He gets very excited to see baby food jars and let me tell you that this boy can put down some food in one sitting! Nana is here visiting and she cannot believe how much this boy eats! He's got to have an enlarged stomach or something...He cries when he thinks you are not going to give him anymore food and he now knows that people will feed them off of their plate, so if he sees a plate, he goes and stands near you and opens his mouth...too cute! We figured out the other night how much he LOVES apple pie! Oh, and Riley comes along with him, so we now have two beggers in the family!
He's been so smiley lately (I think we are moving out of the fussy stage thank goodness!)...here's a picture of his new smile that he does so that he can show all of his teeth...
And here is our Tiny Percussionist putting his balls on top of the table so that he can bang them...he's so happy when he is able to bang on something...
He is also doing the cutest thing now...he loves books (I know my mom loves this...finally someone in her family that is showing some interest in reading!). He sits down with a book, opens it, and starts making all of these goo-goo, gaa-gaa noises and I figured it out one day that he thinks he is reading the book! I'm trying to get a video of it, but he stops everytime he sees the camera. And still working on the whole walking thing...taking about 10 steps before falling!

No comments: