Sunday, July 12, 2009

Well...IT happened!

Well...I guess I kind of jinxed myself to say that a toddler is an accident waiting to happen two posts ago, because THE ACCIDENT happened! Last Sunday started out like any other...Caden ate breakfast and then started walking all over the house. He loves to put toys on the seat of his high chair, so as he was putting one of them up there, he missed the high chair completely! And then, wham, hit the corner of the cabinets right above his eye...so off to the ER we go. The Dr. and Nurse gave us a choice to sedate him and stitch him up or put the liquid stitches (dermabond) on there. He said he really thought dermabond was all that was needed, so we went with this option...reluctantly though since our last daycare provider had a bad experience with it on her thumb, but he said that the eyebrow wasn't a place that was moved a lot, so it should be okay...
Here's the one that looks like the mugshot...
Still smiling though...
We also had quite a week before THE ACCIDENT. Scott had vertigo and was pretty much bedridden since last Thursday. Caden was biting on the coffee table and slipped and bit his lip...the first bloody incident of the weekend. Then, Caden and I spent the 4th with the Rudds...Caden was loving the pool and we even put him in water wings. He put his butt up in the air and would just float. He also loved walking on the steps...then as he was eating lunch, he got up and started walking around the porch and boom, fell and somehow nicked the inside of his nose on one of the patio chairs. The second bloody incident of the weekend...THE ACCIDENT was the third...Here are a few pics from the 4th...
Walking in the grass...I figured that was pretty safe...
Playing with Brooke Rudd...
The morning after THE ACCIDENT, I left to go on my trip to Chicago for the CPA Leadership Academy. I spent Monday by myself exploring downtown a little bit...and of course fit a little bit of shopping in...
Here's a picture of my hotel...
Some cool outdoor mural...
Then I went to the Art Institute of Chicago...It was amazing...so sorry for all the following pictures, but I really loved it!
Some cool things...

Recognize this one?
Water Lillies by Monet...
Then, I did the Ferris Bueller thing and stared at the painting...(funny, there was a lot of other people doing the same thing...)


My favorite...a Van Gogh...
Then, I wandered over to the new Modern Wing...Andy Warhol...
What the heck is up with this???
A Lichtenstein...

Famous Picasso from his Blue period...The Blue Guitarist...

Okay, sorry, but I had to share...I loved it! Now, I want to go every Art Museum I can...
Here are some of the other CPAs I met...we're at the White Sox game here...
Special thanks to Grammy, because while I was on my trip to Chicago, Scott's friend's dad died, so he had to hop on a plane to Chicago Thursday morning...so, Grammy hung out with Caden until I got back Friday afternoon...Scott forgot to leave the carseat, so she was confined to the house with him, too...Thanks, Grammy!
Now, back to our regularly scheduled cute pictures of Caden...
Caden reading...it still cracks me up...
Never really took to a paci, but he found one in his room one day and this is how I found him...
He has so many toys, but loved to play with this bar of soap one day...
All smiles...

No comments: