Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MIA

Sorry that I have been MIA, but on top of being busy at work, Caden has switched personalities lately and is no longer my sweet boy, but a very fussy baby. So, needless to say, blogging has had to take a back burner for a few weeks. But an update on what's going on with Caden (besides the fussiness)...He is taking a few steps by himself, but is still unsure of walking, so he prefers crawling. He has (unfortunately) developed a SEVERE attachment to his bottle now at over a year old, when he should be transitioning to sippy cups...I have tried just about every sippy cup and of course the only one that he will even tolerate is the $11 one! I should have never introduced him to that one...oh well...

In between his periods of fussiness (which we are partially blaming on the change in daycares and then maybe partially on some teething...), he laughs out loud at things, loves to crawl very fast after his bath so that mommy or daddy have to chase him to get him jammies on. Still loves Riley and knows which toys are Riley's toys, so when he wants to play with Riley, he goes and gets one of the dog toys. He's eating lots of table food now!...however, he doesn't like to touch any of it. I think he has touch/texture issues...He will pick up puffs, yogurt melts, and the gerber crunchies all day long, but anything else, we eventually end up hand feeding to him. We are not on formula anymore...I repeat, we are not on the $27 a can formula now. We transitioned him to whole milk, but that seemed to upset his tummy, so now he is on plain soy milk. He LOVES the soy milk...it's the best thing in the world to him.

He is growing like a weed. We were over at our friends' house this weekend, the Garbers, and there were some babies there who were 6 months to a year older than Caden and he is already as big as they are. I keep having to search high and low for shoes that fit him. We have now determined that he is wearing a size 5 1/2! Wow. Our little boy is growing so fast...sometimes I miss the little snuggly baby and then I quickly come to my senses and realize that I don't miss that newborn cry or the sleepless nights. 1 is a good age.

Well, that's all for now...we are going on a little mini-vacation this weekend, so I'll take pictures and I promise to do a real update (one with pictures) this weekend...

In other mommy news...Mommy was chosen as 1 out of 25 CPAs chosen nationwide to attend the AICPA leadership academy. Most of you have no idea what I'm talking about, but just know that I am really excited about it!

No comments: