Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Father's day is always a bitter sweet holiday for me. I miss my dad dearly...but I am so glad that I get to see what a great father Scott has become to Caden. One of the things I was shocked over when I went through my dad's things was that he kept every card I (and my three siblings) ever gave him. So, I definitely made Scott keep this one. Caden said he drew "snakes" on daddy's card. He even asked for it back before we gave it to Scott so he could draw more snakes. Love him. Maybe he'll be an artist :).

From 2011_06_18


From 2011_06_18


He even made daddy a "super" daddy cookie cake at school.

From 2011_06_26


Spending some quality time with daddy.

From 2011_06_18


He wanted to sit on his bean bag, but also wanted to sit next to Daddy on the couch.

For Father's day, Scott wanted to take Caden to his first movie. So, we took him to see Mr. Popper's Penguins. We had a little trouble trying to get him into the theatre after he saw the video games...

From 2011_06_19


When we finally got him in there, he loved it! He had snacks and Sprite and made it through the whole thing!

From 2011_06_19


Then, we drove down to Crawfordville to take some friends that have twin boy newborns some dinner and decided to have dinner at the coast. Caden likes to sit outside and watch the seagulls and the cars drive over the bridge.

Caden made sure that his seat was closest to the water...

From droid pictures


From droid pictures


I love these pictures of Scott and Caden.

From 2011_06_19


From 2011_06_19


From 2011_06_19


From 2011_06_19


What a wonderful father's day!

No comments: