Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Beach Time

Daddy went to a conference in Atlanta and Caden kept telling me that he wanted to go to the beach and build sandcastles...not sure where he got this idea from, but since it was my last weekend to travel with my ob's approval, we packed up and headed to Grammie and Pops. He keeps telling us what time it is (i.e., it's dinner time, it's bath time, it's wake up time, it's sleeping time, so hence the title of the post. He is always asking us what time it is...

I was actually quite impressed with myself - at 8 months pregnant, I packed me, Caden, and both dogs and left the house by 9 am. Funny, that Grammie and Pops live so close to the beach, but we never go to the beach when we are there. They have a great pool, so we usually end up there. And for those of you who know me well, know that I'm not much of a beach person either...the sand just gets everywhere! Yes, I know I grew up on the beach...

So, Grammie, Pops, Caden, and I packed up Pops' jeep and headed to the beach. As soon as Caden's feet hit the sand, he looked at me and said "It's amazing!"...guess we need to take him to the beach more often.

From Collages
Grammie and Mommy discovered that we were not the greatest when it came to sand castle building, so Pops took over.

After the beach, we headed over to the marina to see all of the boats and the catch the fishermen brought back in. Here's Caden and Pops watching them clean the fish.

From 2012_04_14

No comments: