Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thanksgiving and the Zoo

With the holidays, so comes the cooking season. And everyone knows, I always make the same thing for gatherings...squash casserole. Well, I had a kitchen helper this year. He loves helping me in the kitchen, but it's usually not a whole lot of things for him to stir, but this time he was helping me break up the bread for the casserole and then "stirred" his bread.

From 2011_11_13


(He was yelling "cheese")

For Thanksgiving, we packed up and headed to Maclenney to spend it with the Harrell clan. Always fun to be had at Grandmother's.

From 2011_11_26


From 2011_11_26


Then, on Black Friday, we packed up and headed to the...Jacksonville Zoo. Yes, those of you who know me, know I love to shop on Black Friday and I did get a little fix in Thursday night at midnight online.

Caden LOVES animals. Loves is really an understatement. I really think he would be a large animal vet and would love it if we lived on a farm. He is obsessed!

From 2011_11_25


One of his favorites, the elephant.

From 2011_11_25


A special treat and thrill for Caden...feeding the giraffe!

From 2011_11_25


At the petting zoo...I turned my head for a second and he leaned in and kissed one of the animals. Yuck! The boy loves animals!

From 2011_11_25


From 2011_11_25


Then, one of his other favorite things...the train! The zoo had a train. He would have stayed on it all day. He was telling us all of the animal names as we rode by them.

From 2011_11_25


Forgot to mention, our home on wheels at Grandmother's. We stayed on Grammy and Pops' RV. Caden called it Pops' school bus. He figured out that his head would JUST fit through the screen door, so he would stick it out and yell "hello, hello". :)

From 2011_11_25

No comments: