Thursday, June 10, 2010

What we've been doing for the past few weeks...

We've been outside a lot...playing with our water table...

Trying to drink the water out of it...Ewww....
But hey, I'm sure we all did worse things as kids and still lived...And on the bright side, he's finally showing a liking to drinking water.

We finally got his playhouse together and he loves to hang out in it...it's complete with a doorbell and an outdoor grill. Playdates welcome in the Harrell backyard, we have plenty of outdoor toys, a swing, a baby pool, and even a bug zapper!

We went down south to Port St. Lucie/Jensen Beach to visit my family and go to my friend, Gabrielle's baby shower. Caden, my dear friend, Cindy, and I all drove down. It was an interesting drive with a two year old to say the least and bless Cindy's heart, she is 6 months pregnant and kept having to pick up the toys he dropped on the floor. But, we made it with only one meltdown each way, which I thought was pretty good.

Some members of my family, who I decline to mention by name...forgot what 2 year olds are like and how busy they are, so without Daddy with us, I spent most of my time chasing Caden, telling him to not touch things, or moving things out of his reach....so, this was the only picture I got from that trip...Caden and his cousin, Kaley.

Then we headed over to Panama City Beach to see Grammy and Pops for Memorial Day. Caden had not really been in a pool since last summer, so he was a little unsure of it at first...


Once he got used to it, it was hard to get him out...
He was getting so brave, that he would jump off of the last step, would go under, and then laugh. The boy is definitely not afraid of water, which I'm sure is a good thing eventually, right?!?

He went for walks on the dock with Pops...
Pops showed him the fish...
Then Pops showed him how to roll down the hill...

Then we helped Pops wash the bugs off of his jeep...

But Caden discovered it was more fun to watch the pole fall over...

And we also spent a little time inside last weekend because it kept raining! And no one wanted to get near us since Caden had pink eye :)...so don't laugh at the haircut you see below...I did it very quickly on the front porch to get the hair out of his eyes.

He made a parking lot in the doorway to our bedroom...

To get the full effect, you also have to see it from the other side...And we had some pizza of course!

That's it for now...we're loving the summer time, it means more time outside, windows down in the car, and best of all...water days at school twice a week!

No comments: